Timber shutters are generally made from wood such as cedar or redwood, and also use woods such as cypress pine, mahogany and acacia. Each type has its own pros and cons; we recommend that these should be considered before buying your new windows treatments. Shutters are put together with the best woodworking techniques to ensure they last for decades.
Timber shutters can be used on any window, but tend to work well in rooms where you want extra privacy such bedrooms. Many people also like using them on front doors for added security since it is more difficult to break through a shutter than glass or plexiglass windows. Every home should have some form of protection against strong winds and storms no matter what kind of weather patterns your region has experienced lately. Timber shutters, like plantation shutters in Western Sydney, offer great benefits over other options that include ease of use, better insulation properties, durability, ability to keep heat inside during winter months (and outside during summer), and increased safety from intruders.
Some of the advantages of using timber shutters include:
- They offer excellent protection from the outside elements such as wind, rain and sun damage but also insulate your room allowing it to stay warmer in winter and cooler during summer months.
- They can help reduce noise from the outside.
- They prevent dust and dirt from entering your home.
- They provide you with the privacy you need
Some of the disadvantages of using timber shutters are:
- They can be a pretty expensive purchase which is why you want to make sure they’re right for you.
- If installed incorrectly or if not maintained properly, it could lead to damage of the shutter itself or even cause problems with its functionality resulting in costly repairs down the line.
- They take up a lot of wall space so will need some real thought before purchasing.
- They are not ideal for wet areas since wood can warp and damage with prolonged exposure to moisture.
It’s important that all pros and cons are carefully considered prior to making a decision regarding shutters, but there are many reasons that people install them in their homes including privacy, security and insulation benefits.
Timber shutters are a great way to add style and make your home look more modern
Timber shutters add style and elegance to a home. Shutter options are available in different finishes and colours including white, brown or black. The colour of your timber shutters will depend largely on the style of décor you have already installed in your home. Timber shutters can be used as an accent piece to complement other styles such as rustic farmhouse or modern minimalist that may be present throughout the rest of the house where they’re not visible. They will also need to blend with whatever material is being used on walls and ceilings too so it’s always best to choose them first before finalizing any other design decisions for those areas. Shutter blinds Newcastle