There are several types of visas you can get in order to live and work in Spain. While the most common ones are a student visa, an entrepreneurial visa or one of the golden visa programmes, the non lucrative visa spain is by far the most popular for those looking to move to Spain permanently. In this article, we will discuss what the non lucrative visa is, who can apply for it and what you are permitted to do with it.

Who Can Get a Non Lucrative Visa Spain?

The Spanish non lucrative visa, also known as the retirement visa, is a residence visa that is most commonly used by retirees who want to settle down in Spain. It allows them to bring along family members, and it is not necessary to invest in property or work in Spain in order to obtain the visa. The non lucrative visa is valid for 2 years and can be renewed, allowing you to eventually gain permanent residence after 5 years.

If you are interested in applying for a non lucrative visa for Spain, the first step is to set up an appointment with the local Spanish Embassy or Consulate in your home country. You must have all the required documents with you on the day of your appointment and submit them to the consular officer. You will also need to pay the non lucrative visa fee, which is different for each embassy.

After your appointment, the consular will review all of your documentation and determine whether or not you are eligible for a visa. If you are, then you will receive a letter that will state that your application has been approved. This letter will also provide a unique code that you can use to track your visa application online.

Once your visa is approved, you can travel to Spain and begin the process of obtaining your Spain TIE (Tesoro de Identificación de Extranjero). This will be done at a local immigration office or, where there is no official office, at the nearest police station that deals with this type of procedure.

While you are on a non lucrative visa, you will be permitted to work and can travel freely within the Schengen zone. You will be taxed on any income you generate in Spain, though this is typically only a small percentage of your total income. In addition, you must have private health insurance unless you are a pensioner who can prove that you are entitled to an S1 certificate.

In order to ensure that you are properly prepared for your visa interview, contact a professional migration agency in Spain such as BCN Life. They will coordinate your entire visa application process, from setting up your private healthcare to assisting you with the complexities of the Spanish immigration system. They will also be on hand throughout the duration of your visa to answer any questions you might have. This makes the entire process a much smoother experience for you.

Categories: Activity


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *